Last week I received a packet of Starkist Tuna Creations booklets and coupons in the mail from Vocalpoint. I used two of those coupons to pick up the pouches of Starkist Albacore Creations shown here. Since Vocalpoint was kind enough to send me the coupons, I figured I would write a review of the product for them.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with Vocalpoint, it is a program by P&G that assists them with word of mouth advertising. When you sign up they will periodically send you coupons and/or free products to try. If you like them, simply tell others about the great products and share some of the coupons they send you. They also have surveys, message boards and activities on their website that you can participate in once you are a member. I personally love the program and recommend it. Now, back to the tuna.
These pouches of tuna come already seasoned. There are several flavors, including Lemon Pepper, Sweet & Spicy, Hickory Smoked, Herb & Garlic, Chipotle Mango and Tomato Pesto. I decided to try the Tomato Pesto. There are recipes on the back of the pouches, but I decided to try using it in one of my own recipes, the Tuna Croissant Wrap. I have been making my Tuna Croissant Wrap for a few years now and family loves it. Using it with Tuna Pesto flavored tuna would be a new experience though. Here’s my recipe:
- 2 Pouches Starkist Albacore Creations Tomato Pesto flavor
- 1 Tube Refrigerated Croissants
- 2 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Lay out croissants on cookie sheet so that half the croissants are in each row. The rows should be touching along the bottom part of the triangle. The skinny points of the triangle should be on opposite sides. This part is hard to explain, I will have to take a picture so you can see exactly what I’m talking about.
- Roll out the base of the line of croissants to flatten out the overlapping areas. This ensures that it will bake evenly.
- Open the pouches of tuna and spread it along the center part of the line of croissants.
- Spread the shredded cheese along the top of the tuna.
- Pull the points of the croissant triangles up over the tuna and to the other side of the roll.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until croissants are golden brown.
Here is the finished result:
We had this for dinner and it was a hit with both my husband and my daughter. There were absolutely no leftovers. My daughter even ate all of hers and she usually only eats part of her dinner and then wants Cheerios. You can see there are only a few crumbs left on her tray.
I loved the flavor of the tuna. It was nice to have it come out of the pouch already seasoned. I didn’t have to take the time to mix up my own tuna and I didn’t have to dirty a bowl doing it. The seasoning was also very good. I think these pouches would also make a good emergency lunch. I will probably pick up another pouch to keep in my desk at work for those days when I forget my lunch.
Final Result: We will definitely be buying these again. They were quick, easy and delicious. Something any busy mom can appreciate.