This week I had some ground beef to use up. Lately I’ve seen a few recipes for different flavored meatloaves. They inspired me to try a meatloaf parmesan. Since hubby loves meatloaf and it had been awhile since I made one, he was willing to be my guinea pig.
This is the first time I have experimented with a flavored meatloaf. Mainly because I was never a big meatloaf person. However, since I have been finding interesting meatloaf recipes that I liked, I decided to go ahead and try coming up with one of my own. I’m known for experimenting with dinner so that was certainly not a new thing for my family.
To make the meatloaf I mixed the following:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick, not old fashioned)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
Combine all the above ingredients until everything is well mixed. Then spread half the meat mixture into the bottom of a loaf pan and slightly up the sides. For the “Parmesan” filling I used string cheese. I used this mainly because it was what I had on hand and it needed to be used up. You could try this with other cheeses. See the picture at left for how I squished the cheese in there. Once the cheese was in I topped the meatloaf off with the rest of the meat mixture.
- Cook meatloaf at 350 for about an hour. I used a thermometer so I just cooked until the internal temperature reached 170.
- When serving the meatloaf I topped each slice with a bit of warmed up spaghetti sauce.
- Hubby and I both thought this meatloaf was delicious. We will definitely be making it again. Although knowing me I will wind up modifying it somehow next time I cook it. I just can’t seem to cook following a recipe. It goes against my nature.
- For more Tackle It Tuesday – head over to 5 Minutes For Mom.
For more Talk About It Tuesday – head over to Lazy Organizer.
For more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday – head over to Blessed With Grace
For more Tasty Tuesday – head over to Forever..Wherever
Also posted to Blissfully Domestic
And posted to Kitchen Tip Tuesday