As you can see by my before pictures, my kitchen was in need of a good spring cleaning. I would like to say that my kitchen isn’t normally quite this bad. I had guests over for dinner the night before and got a little lazy with the cleanup since I knew I would be Spring Cleaning in there in the morning. Lazy, I know, but I was tired and didn’t feel like cleaning.
And yes, I do keep the play pen setup in my kitchen. When I’m the only one home and I’m cooking I feel much better if my daughter is in her play pen there. I try to avoid this by cooking when she’s napping or when someone else is home, but that doesn’t always work. Hence, the play pen taking up a large portion of my kitchen.
And now for the after pictures:
- clean and put away all dishes
- clean off and wipe down counters & pass thru ledge
- scrub stove, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and fridge
- wipe down flour, sugar and tea canisters
- clean off and wipe down kitchen cart
- clean off and wipe down bakers rack
- scrub floor
- take out trash and wipe down trash can
- clean out play pen and change the sheet
- scrub sink
- wipe down the walls
I think that’s everything, but I could have missed something. There was a lot to do in there. I do still want to go through the pantry, but that can wait for another day. It’s so nice have a clean and shiny kitchen now. It’s so much nicer cooking in a clean kitchen.
This post is being linked to: