I have been working hard around my house for the last two weeks taking care of some Spring Cleaning. While I have accomplished a lot and my house is looking good, there are still areas that need to be cleaned out and decluttered. So for this week’s Thursday Thirteen I decided to list out 13 areas in my house the still need to be cleaned out and reorganized. My plan is to get to at least one of these each week. With any luck I’ll finish my Spring Cleaning before summer is over.
Here are the thirteen areas of my house that need to be cleaned and decluttered:
- My craft closet – This closet is literally packed full and has gotten completely disorganized. It’s pure chaos in there anymore.
- Linen Closet – Another closet that is packed full. I need to go through and pull out the items we no longer need to make some space for what we do use.
- Pumpkin’s Closet – This one isn’t too bad, but I do need to straighten out the bins and inventory her fall and winter clothes so that I know what I need to buy yet. DONE!
- Bathroom Cabinets – Under my bathroom sink is a bit messy and the medicine cabinet hasn’t been purged in at least two years. I think I will work on these during Pumpkin’s next bath.
- Cabinet in Master Bedroom Closet – This is the cabinet where I store extra toiletries. Right now its packed full and overflowing into the closet. I need to straighten it up and get rid of some of the excess.
- Jewelry Boxes – I have three jewelry boxes right now. I would like to get down to two of them. There are quite a few pieces of jewelry that I no longer wear so I can do another purge here.
- Kitchen Cart – Pumpkin has “helped” me with this cart so it needs to be cleaned up and reorganized. DONE!
- Plastic Storage Containers – The cabinet where I store all my plastic containers has gotten out of control once again. It’s time to make sure I have sets of containers and lids and get them all organized.
- Freezer – It’s so full its hard to shut, but I’m not completely sure what all we have in there. Time for a clean out, organization and inventory.
- Pantry – I need to do another clean out and inventory. I like to do this at least quarterly and it has been neglected for the last few months.
- Basement Food Storage – I have extra food storage cabinets in my basement. These need to be cleaned up and organized. I want to make sure we don’t have any out of date food and start using up anything that is getting close to its expiration date.
- Basement Book Shelves – I have a very large set of custom book shelves in my basement. The books and “stuff” on those shelves have gotten disorganized. I need to go through everything I get it reorganized.
- Toys – Enough said. Anyone with small children completely understands this one. I’m sure it will be a permanent fixture on my list until my daughter hits middle school. DONE for now!