Wow, it’s hard to believe that summer is pretty much over and another month is gone. That means it’s time once again for my monthly summary. Let’s start by going over the goals I had set for myself for August and how I did with them:
- Continue to track spending in Household and Personal categories – I did this, but not consistently so this is an area that still needs improvement.
- Get back to tracking money saved – Did not do this at all.
- Track extra money received during the month – Accomplished this one!
- Get back to writing grocery shopping lists and stick to them – Did this for one trip and not the other. This is another area that needs improvement.
- Limit Costco visit to once during this month – Went twice.
- Limit Target visit to once during this month – Went three times.
- Limit grocery shopping to twice during this month – Accomplished this!
It was nice tracking the extra money I received during the month. This month I did very well thanks to the yard sales we had. My total extra income for the month of August was $259.34. Of that $10 was Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks and the rest was from the yard sales. I plan to continue tracking my extra income. It will be interesting to see how it changes month to month. I also want to note that I don’t count money until I actually receive it.
Here are the goals I’m setting for myself for September:
- Track spending in Household and Personal categories.
- Track extra money earned outside of salaries.
- Track money saved with coupons.
- Only visit Costco once.
- Only visit Target once.
- Only visit grocery store twice.
- Continue using stock piled food and supplies.
- Save household money not used for rebuilding stockpile after we move.
And here are a few reminders for you for the month:
- Load your UPromise coupons onto your cards.
- Load shortcuts coupons to your Safeway card.
- Print online coupons.
- Set your goals for the month.
What goals have you set for yourself for September? How did you do in August?