One of Those Nights

Last night was a crazy night in our house. I had to work an hour later than usual. We knew about this ahead of time so hubby planned to pick Pumpkin up from daycare. The day before one of dogs hurt her neck. We were hoping that since she had this same problem before the vet would let us just pick up medicine and not have to bring her in. But no, the vet wanted to see her. Since I had to work, hubby had to take the dog to the vet. Thankfully grandma was available to pick up Pumpkin on such short notice.

By the time I got home to relieve grandma I was starving. Grandma had fed Pumpkin, but nothing in the house was appealing to me. One of the quirks of this pregnancy is that most foods currently repulse me. The dinner I had planned for the night would take too long to cook so it wasn’t an option. I called hubby to see if he could pick up some dinner, but he was already on his way home with the dog and past the only places he could have stopped. We finally decided that he would come home, drop off the dog and then we would head out to dinner. There is a little restaurant not far from our house that we wanted to try. When we finally got out the door it was already my daughter’s bedtime. I know that should have been a warning, but you can’t rationalize with a pregnant woman that’s hungry and trying to get food.

We got to the restaurant and for some reason they seated us right next to a giant mirror. Naturally my daughter had to start sticking her hands all over it. I had to keep correcting her and telling her to sit down. Finally I remembered that I had some crayons in my purse and pulled those out to occupy her.

When our food arrived hubby and I both turned our attention to the waitress for a minute to get the food situated. That quick my daughter managed to stand up in the booth and draw on the wall. We told the waitress and when we were done eating she brought us out some cleaning supplies. Thankfully we were able to get the wall cleaned off. Now I just hope that next time we go to that restaurant they won’t throw us out.

It was such a relief to finally get home. By the time we got our daughter into bed I was exhausted so it wasn’t much longer before I was in bed too. Just as I was finally drifting off to sleep I was jolted awake by the sound of our second dog vomiting on the bed. Now we had to clean and strip the bed. While hubby was cleaning the mattress I went and dug our other sheets out. We finally got the bed cleaned up and remade and I collapsed into bed. It was a long crazy night. Now I just hope that tonight will be a little calmer.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s