I have always loved to read and thankfully my daughter seems to be following in my footsteps there. However, as my responsibilities have increased over the years it has become more and more difficult to find the time to read. This year I am going to make more of an effort to find the time to read. To help with that I am joining Life As Mom’s Booking It In 2010 and posting my reading goals here.
My Reading Goals for 2010:
- Register my library card at the county we now live in (same state so I don’t need a new card)
- Start making bi-weekly trips to the library with my daughter
- Read to my daughter at least 10 minutes a day & the new baby once s/he arrives
- Institute family reading night once a week
- Read at least 1 book a month
- Post at least 1 book review a month on my blog
- Unpack our books – Most of our books have not beenunpacked since our move 3 months ago.
- Setup a Reading Area in the Family Room – We have the bookshelves down there and it would be nice to use that space for something other than unpacked boxes.
As for the actual books I want to read, I still haven’t read the books I posted about for the Fall Into Reading Challenge. This is mainly because I can’t seem to find the box I packed them in. So as soon as I unpack the books I want to start by reading the books on that list. Until then I have already started reading This Little Mommy Stayed Home by Samantha Wilde so I will keep reading that.
Do you have any reading related goals for 2010?
Head over to Life As Mom to find her reading goals and see links to other reading goal related blog posts.