Earlier this month I posted about my Reading Goals for 2010. So far I’m doing ok at accomplishing some of them, but not so well on others. I have been managing to read, but so far I haven’t gotten my library card updated for our new county and I still haven’t unlacked the books in our family room. My February project is getting the books unpacked and a reading area setup (more on that Thursday), so I’m not going to worry about that too much this month.
Some of the books I read are actual physical books and some of them are books on the free Kindle Reader App on my iPhone. I love being able to have a several books with me at all times and not have the bulk of carrying them around, so the Kindle app has been great. Plus all of the books that I’ve gotten on there so far have been free. You really can’t beat free books. Here are the lists of books I currently have in my queue:
Actual Books on my Nightstand:
- This Little Mommy Stayed Home by Samantha Wilde (I won this one on 5 Minutes For Books) – I’ve started this one and have enjoyed it so far.
- Find Your Strongest Life by Marcus Buckingham – I’ve also started this one and have been enjoying it so far.
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon – I started this one, but so far it hasn’t really been drawing me in like her previous books in this series did. I still want to finish it because I’ve read all the other books in the series, but it has been sitting neglected on my nightstand for many, many weeks now. I really do need to get back to it.
Free Books on my Kindle Reader App:
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
- Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
- Already Dead: A Novel by Charlie Huston
- The Crossroads Cafe by Deborah Smith
- Shopping For Time by Carolyn Mahaney
I seriously doubt that I’ll get to all of these books this month, but I do plan to try. Plus, with the Kindle books, if they don’t hold my interest in the first chapter or so I tend to give up on them. They were free after all and there are plenty more books out there to choose from. Why waste my time on one that isn’t holding my interest?
Note that the free books for Kindle change regularly so most of the Kindle books on my list are no longer free. You can find some of the currently free books here. Or you can browse the Kindle books by category and change the sort to Price: Low to High.