For most of this year I have been letting things slide and not really doing as much as I should to keep my life organized. I’ve been using the excuse that I feel horrible, but honestly I don’t think that is going to change any time soon so I need to stop making excuses and start getting my life back on track. For whatever reason this pregnancy has left me feeling miserable most of the time. There isn’t any specific thing; I just don’t feel well in general. Add to that a couple colds for myself and a toddler that’s had a runny nose for the last 6 weeks and you can see why I’ve been so miserable.
Now that I’ve been lazy for the last few weeks that chaos is starting to catch up to me. When I start thinking of all the things that I need to take care of it feels overwhelming. So today I decided that enough is enough and I need to get back on track. My goal now is to get back on track by the end of the month and then stay there. Since it all feels so overwhelming right now I’ve decided to concentrate my attention on one thing at a time until I manage to get it all caught up. Naturally that requires a list for someone as OCD as myself. So here is the list of things that I hope to get accomplished this week:
- Finish our taxes and get them sent off.
- Finalize budget for February and set budget for March.
- Submit health insurance verification.
- Submit medical flex spending reimbursement request.
- Submit child care flex spending reimbursement request.
- Put away all clean laundry (currently 4 baskets full)
- Setup my Books Read in 2010 list
- Clear out the paper clutter in my house.
- Clean off my desk.
- Write in my journal daily.
I think that’s enough for this week. There is plenty more that needs to be done, but I don’t want to overwhelm myself.
What do you need to get done this week? Head over to Crazy Adventures in Parenting for more To Do lists.